Monday, June 14, 2010

Post regarding last day living in Kathmandu for the next 6 weeks

So,

It was Sunday, and I planned to meet up with a friend in Kupondol, Kathmandu. His name is Yuyutsu RD Sharma, or Yuyu. He is a writer/poet that I met at UC Davis when he came to do a workshop and poetry reading. I had seen that he was Nepali, so I decided to get because I figured that seeing the flyer in the elevator was an auspicious sign.

I took a taxi out to Kupondol, and it was great to see the guy, we made plans to have dinner with his wife, daughter, and son on a later date. I'm quite excited. He'll be helping me out with some of my information gathering as well, so far we've got plans to go see some shamans who practice a pre-buddhist, pre-hindu religion, I'm quite excited about that.

Alright, after this I left for Banepa.

No comments:

Post a Comment