So I had a real Nepali pre-wedding dinner tonight. I mean sure, it’s not the actual wedding dinner, but it was made with just as much love and appreciation as the real thing and that’s what counts. The food that I’ve typically been eating is known as Dal Bhaat, or basically rice with curried vegetables (takari) and lentil soup (dal) with some sort of pickle (acchar) and maybe sometimes curd. The stuff that is prepared for us at home is very good, albeit pretty plain. Dal Bhaat that is made in normal Nepali households is often full of flavor and spices and has a lot of variety, like the one about to tell you right now.
It’s a Tuesday, and I typically stay in Banepa during the week because it’s just a hassle to take the public bus from Banepa to Kathmandu for any other reason than the weekend, but Anu, one of the student physiotherapists I worked with, invited me and Veronica to her home to have dinner, and I couldn’t refuse, considering that this would be the last time that I see her for a relatively long time. That and I also missed another wedding event related activity the week before because I had to renew my stupid tourist visa.
No comments:
Post a Comment