Sunday, July 11, 2010

Late Late Late I'm Sorry! (Phora Durbar)

So, Phora Durbar is basically an extension of the US Embassy located about a block away from Thamel, which is the tourist part of Kathmandu.

Basically only Americans are let in and it's an exclusive complex for Green Card and US Citizen use.
It has a full size baseball diamond and accompanying field, a swimming pool, basketball court, very nice landscaping, two tennis courts, a cafe, and spa.

What the eff.

No other embassy in the country has something like this.

Pictures to come, I'm sorry! I just got back from Chitwan National Park and I'm super busy so I haven't been able to post as much. I've only got 14 more days in Nepal.


:[

Part of the set up for the 4th of July stuff, the fence is part of the baseball diamond

The baseball diamond and accompanying field

Landscaping and a park 

The tennis courts are on the left and the swimming pool is on the right
This is the terrace for the cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment